Tableau for Data Science
|Hybrid (In-Person & Live Webinars)||6, 8, 10, 13, 15, 17 June 2021||07:00PM - 09:30PM||Dubai Knowledge Park||3,500 AED|
Learn data visualization through Tableau and create opportunities for you or key decision-makers to discover data patterns such as customer purchase behavior, sales trends, or production bottlenecks. You’ll learn all of the features in Tableau that allow you to explore, experiment with, fix, prepare, and present data easily, quickly, and beautifully, including:
Connect Tableau to a Variety of Datasets
Analyze, Blend, Join, and Calculate Data
Visualize Data in the Form of Various Charts, Plots, and Maps
By the time you complete this course, you’ll be a highly proficient Tableau user. You will be using your skills as a data scientist to extract knowledge from data so you can analyze and visualize complex questions with ease.
After the Course
Unit 1 – Course Overview
- Course Introduction
- Course Overview
- Tableau Desktop Installation
Unit 2 – Tableau Basics
- Navigating Tableau
- Connecting Tableau to Data Files
- Creating Calculated Fields
- Adding Colors
- Adding Labels and Formatting
- Exporting Your Worksheet
Unit 3 – Time series, Aggregation, and Filters
- Working with Data Extracts in Tableau
- Working with Time Series
- Understanding Aggregation, Granularity, and Level of Detail
- Creating an Area Chart & Using Highlighting
- Adding Filters
Unit 4 – Maps, Scatterplots, and Your First Dashboard
- Joining Data in Tableau
- Creating a Map
- Working with Hierarchies
- Creating a Scatter Plot
- Applying Filters to Multiple Worksheets
- Building your First Dashboard
- Adding Interactive Actions: Filters, Highlighting
Unit 5 – Joining and Blending Data, PLUS: Dual Axis Charts
- LEFT, RIGHT, INNER, and OUTER Joins
- Joins With Duplicate Values
- Joining on Multiple Fields
- Joining v.s. Blending Data
- Data Blending
- Dual Axis Chart
- Creating Calculated Fields in a Blend
Unit 6 – Advanced Dashboards and Storytelling
- Accessing the Dataset
- Setting Geographical Roles
- Performing Table Calculations for Gender
- Creating Bins and Distributions For Age
- Creating a TreeMap Chart
- Developing a Customer Segmentation Dashboard
- Analyzing the Customer Segmentation Dashboard
- Creating a Storyline
Unit 7 – Data Preparation
- Preparing Your Data Format
- Data Interpreter
- Splitting a Column
- MetaData Grid
- Fixing Geographical Data Errors
- Beginner Tableau Users.
- Anyone who works with data regardless of their background.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
After the Course
The participants who have successfully completed this course are encouraged to take Tableau Desktop – Advanced.
The workshop on big data and machine learning was an excellent introduction to practitioners considering using data science. Ahmed demonstrated considerable teaching talent rooted in his long expertise with systems development.
Very rewarding course. Rare to find a Deep learning course in Dubai that teaches concepts from scratch and provides practical applications. Will definitely recommend.
Innosoft Gulf Institute is educating students breaking and revolutionary techniques with focus on future trends in CIT industry. Mr. Ahmed is well updated on latest technologies related to Big Data, AI, Machine Learning, etc. Rated as 5 star in terms of overall deliverance.
The most important thing is to be convinced of what you are studying. It's not just about teaching... I'm taking four courses at Innosoft Gulf institute, and I think it's much better than my bachelor's degree.
Innosoft Gulf really gave me a head start for college. The teacher was amazing and I really learned a lot. I highly recommend the Python, Java and Machine Learning courses.