|Evening Course||07, 08, 10, 11 June 2020||07:00PM - 09:30PM||Webinars & Hands-on Projects|
Taste of Training
This course is the most comprehensive, yet straight-forward, course for the Python programming language. Whether you have never programmed before, already know basic syntax, or want to learn about the advanced features of Python, this course is for you. It covers the latest Python version and tools.
This course will teach you Python in a practical manner, with every lecture comes a full coding practice, a corresponding code notebook, and two milestone projects.
Unit 1 – Course Overview
- Course Introduction
- Course Curriculum Overview
Unit 2 – Python Setup
- Command-line basics
- Python Installation
- Jupyter Notebook Installation and Overview
- Git and Github Overview
Unit 3 – Identifiers, Keywords and Types
- Python Types (Numbers, Booleans, Strings)
- Indexing and Slicing with Strings
- String Properties and Methods
- Print Formatting
Unit 4 – Python Data Structures
- File Input and Output
- File Permissions
Unit 5 – Python Expressions and Flow Control
- Comparison Operators
- Selection Statements (if, elif, and else Statements)
- Nested Statements and Scope
- Looping Statements (For Loops, While Loops)
- List Comprehensions
First Python Milestone Project – Processing Real Datasets with Python
Unit 6 – Functions and Python Documentation
- Overview of Python Documentation
- Useful Methods: map(), reduce(), filter(), zip()
- Lambda Expressions
Unit 7 – Object Oriented Programming
- Declaring Classes
- Declaring Attributes
- Declaring Methods
- Constructing an Object and Accessing its members
- Code-Reuse: Inheritance
- Code-Reuse: Composition
Unit 8 – Errors and Exceptions Handling
- Errors and Exceptions
- Exception Handling: try, except, finally
- Constructing and Throwing your own Exceptions
Second Python Milestone Project – Building a Banking Application
Unit 9 – Modules and Packages
- Modules, Packages, and Imports
- __name__ and __main__ Functions
- Create your own Python modules
Unit 10 – Accessing Databases with Python
- Connecting to a relational database with Python
- Inserting, Updating, Retrieving and Deleting Records
- Beginners who have never programmed before.
- Programmers switching languages to Python.
- Intermediate Python programmers interested in enhancing their skills.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
The participants who have successfully completed this course are encouraged to take Python for Data Science and Machine Learning.