Linux Administration Fundamentals
|08 - 12 July 2018||10:00AM - 01:00PM||Dubai Knowledge Park||7,500 AED|
Taste of Training
Innosoft Linux Administration Fundamentals course is designed for IT professionals without previous experience in Linux Administration. The course focuses on providing students with Linux administration “survival skills”. Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to perform essential Linux administration tasks, including virtual or physical machine installation, establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, firewall configuration, package installation, process and user management. All the lessons include practical labs on both CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 16.
- Create a virtual machines using VirtualBox
- Installing both CentOS7 and Ubuntu 16 on virtual machines
- Log in to a Linux system and run simple commands using the shell.
- Copy, move, create, delete, and organize files from the bash shell prompt.
- Resolve problems by using Linux documentation
- Create, view, and edit text files from command output or in an editor.
- Manage local Linux users and groups, and administer local password policies.
- Set Linux file system permissions on files and interpret the security effects of different permission settings.
- Obtain information about the system, and control processes running on it.
- Control and monitor network services and system daemons using systemd
- Access and provide access to the command line on remote systems securely using OpenSSH
- Locate and accurately interpret relevant system log files for troubleshooting purposes.
- Configure basic IPv4 networking
- Archive files and copy them from one system to another.
- Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and yum package repositories.
IT professionals, Data Scientists and Big Data Engineers who need to perform essential Linux administration tasks including installation, package management, establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, and basic security administration.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course; however, basic experience in the administration of other operating systems will be helpful.
The participants who have successfully completed this course are encouraged to take our Cloud Computing for Big Data course.